29 Jul 2006

singabloodypore.wordpress.com



An alternative site is under consideration. I have begun preparing it but I still have a few concerns. The prompt to move is that this site on blogger seems to have outgrown my programming abilities and looks really untidy and hard to navigate which a few readers and contributors have mentioned.

As I have no intention of paying for a registered domain at the minute because this site already takes up too much of my time and money for zero and I mean zero financial return.

I considered moving the site to civiblog but the bandwidth allowance is very little. In fact most months, after only a few days, the site is no longer available. So moving the site there is out of the question.

I am now experimenting with a move to wordpress, in order to test the usability I will continue to cross post all contributors work until we make the decision to shift. Major problems that I have already encountered include but are not limited to embedding youtube and google as well as entering html and java enabled links to sidebars etc.

On the plus side it looks much cleaner and feels a lot easier to navigate with the added pages.

Let me know what you think...



6 comments:

Abao said...

hmm...the wordpress version looks more neat and seems to load faster

Anonymous said...

The design you've used is seriously sweet..very nice clean lines. Pity about the video, though.

Anonymous said...

If you want to embed youtube, you need to go to Users > Your Profile and untick "use visual rich editor when writing". Then you should be able to copy and paste the relevant youtube link into your post.

Anonymous said...

hi!yea the wordpress version loads faster and is easier to navigate..

Anonymous said...

You should be commended for your non-profit work.Keep it up, Singaporeans need you.

Anonymous said...

Since Sir Stamford Raffles. Maybe one day, your statue will grace the river front.