14 Feb 2007

SDP writes to International Bar Association about its conference in Singapore

13 Feb 07

The International Bar Association, an organisation of legal professionals and bodies spanning the globe, is holding is Annual Conference in Singapore in October this year. (see www.ibanet.org) Below is the SDP's letter to the IBA asking it to reconsider its decision to have its meeting here.


9 February 2007

Mark Ellis
Executive Director
International Bar Association
10th Floor
1 Stephen Street
London W1T 1AT
United Kingdom

Dear Sir,

I am given to understand that the International Bar Association (IBA) will hold its Annual Conference in Singapore from 14-19 October this year. While I would very much like to welcome you to my country, I have to highlight to you some very disturbing developments that I believe would concern the IBA.

to continue reading...